CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- National and University Library of Croatia . In International Dictionary of Library Histories . Ed. David Stam. Chicago, Ill.: Fitzroy Dearborn, 2002, pp. 455-458.
- Print Culture in Croatia: The Canon and the Borderlands. In Vjesnik bibliotekara Hrvatske Vol. 48 (3-4: 2005). Ed. Marija Dalbello and Tinka Kati ? . (Zagreb: Croatian Library Association, 2006), pp. xlvii-lii. (download)
- (with Tefko Saracevic). Pregled nastavnih programa o digitalnim knjiznicama. In Prilozi utemeljenju informacijske znanosti. Osijek, 2006, pp. 221-242.
- (with Mary Shaw) Visible Writings: Cultures, Forms, Readings (New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, forthcoming 2010)
- (with Tinka Katic). Vjesnik bibliotekara Hrvatske: Kultura tiskarstva u Hrvatskoj: kanon i pogranicje : spomenica Simi Juricu, 1915.-2004 . (Zagreb: Croatian Library Association, 2006). Vol. 48 (3-4: 2005). 302 p.
SELECTED OTHER PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Images of Modernity, Baroque Fantasies, and the Waning Glory of the Habsburg Empire (1898-1918): A Study of Print Culture in the Borderlands. Invited speaker, Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book series, March 30, 2005. (abstract) (slides - 15.8MB)
(with Ellen Pozzi). Information Science Practice in a Historical Perspective: Preliminary Findings of an Oral History Project. Proceedings of the 68th ASIST 2005 Annual Meeting.
The City as Spectacle: French Photography in Printed Works, 1886-1925. Institut national d’histoire de l’art (Paris, July 8, 2004)
- Historian as User of the Internet Archive: Historical Record on the Web, from "Way-back" in 1996. Workshop presented at LIDA (Libraries in the Digital Age) 2004. Dubrovnik, May 24-29, 2004.
- Oral History and Documentary History: Applications in LIS. Workshop presented at LIDA (Libraries in the Digital Age) 2003. Dubrovnik, May 26-30, 2003.
- Global/Local Dialectic and the National Digital Libraries: Fabricating (Virtual) Heritage. SCILS Research Day, March 12, 2003.
- Photography, Shadow Theatre, Silent Film: Transformation of Vision, 1886-1925. Presented at Andrew W. Mellon colloquium , 'Art in Context: Multi-disciplinary Investigations of the Zimmerli Collection.' October 17, 2002. (selected works from the Zimmerli collection displayed in October-November 2002).
- Selection Criteria for Building Digital Collections: Is There an Emerging Model? Paper presented at LIDA (Libraries in the Digital Age) 2002 (Dubrovnik, May 21-26, 2002). Paper published in conference proceedings.
- SIG Curriculum: Digital Library Education: Coagency for the Convergence of Disciplines, Practices and Tools. Panel co-convened with Jane Robbins at ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) 2002 National Conference, New Orleans, January 15-18, 2002.
- Print Research in Applied Contexts. Paper presented at ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) 2002 National Conference, New Orleans, January 15-18, 2002.
- National and University Library of Croatia. In International Dictionary of Library Histories. Ed. David Stam. Chicago, Ill.: Fitzroy Dearborn, 2001, pp. 455-458.
- The Virtual Archive and National Memory: Towards A Comparative Study of the Digital Library Models in the European and North American Setting. Paper presented at LIDA (Libraries in the Digital Age) 2001, Dubrovnik (Croatia) May 23-27, 2001.
- (with Tefko Saracevic) Education for Digital Libraries. Paper presented at LIDA (Libraries in the Digital Age) 2001, Dubrovnik (Croatia), May 23-27, 2001.
- Technology: What the Students Think that the Employers Need. Paper presented at ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) 2001 National Conference, Washington, D.C., January 9-12, 2001.
- Genre as a Hermeneutical Frame of Reference for Research: Textual Communities in Print and Electronic Reading Environments. Paper presented at ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) 2001 National Conference, Washington, D.C., January 9-12, 2001. (invited speaker, SIG Research)
- Building Archival Digital Libraries: The Model of an Information Mosaic. National and University Library (Zagreb, Croatia), 13 June, 2000. (invited speaker)
- Is There a Text in This Library? History of the Book and Digital Continuity. Paper presented at ALISE (Association for Library and Information Science Education) 1999 National Conference, Philadelphia, Pa., January 26-29, 1999. (invited speaker, SIG Library History)
- International Perspectives in Librarianship. School of Library and Information Studies. University of Wisconsin-Madison. 13 October, 1999. (colloquium, invited speaker)
- Toronto Centre for the Book. Special Session for Graduate Students. Toronto, 29 January, 1997. (invited speaker)
- Bibliographical Inference: The Archaeological Treatment of Book as Artifact. Paper presented at the Faculty of Information Studies Research Day at the University of Toronto, Toronto, February 1995.
- Ethnic Almanac: A Tool for a Researcher of Ethnocultural Communities. Paper presented at the annual research forum at the Faculty of Library and Information Science at the University of Toronto, Toronto, February 1992.
- Prilog bibliografiji o Romima (Ciganima) u SFR Jugoslaviji: s posebnim obzirom na etnolosku i folkloristicku gradju u periodici. (in Croatian) In Medjunarodni naucni skup Jezik i kultura Roma=International Symposium 'Romani Language and Culture' (Sarajevo, June 9-11, 1986), pp. 429-99. Sarajevo: Institut za proucavanje nacionalnih odnosa, 1989. (Also presented at the International Symposium Romani Language and Culture, Sarajevo, 1986).
- Gradja za bibliografiju o tradicijskoj kulturi i folkloru narodnosti i etnickih grupa u SFR Jugoslaviji (in Croatian) (=Material for the Bibliography of Traditional Culture and Folklore of Ethnic Groups in Yugoslavia). Lipovljani and Zagreb: Organizacioni odbor Lipovljanskih susreta and Zavod za istrazivanje folklora, 1986. (Also presented at symposium Istrazivanje, prezentacija i zastita kulture narodnosti, Lipovljani, 1985).
- (one of four authors) "Prilog bibliografiji o folkloru i tradicijskoj kulturi narodnosti u SR Hrvatskoj" (in Croatian) (=Contribution to the folklore and traditional culture of ethnic groups in Croatia). In Lipovljanski susreti '83 (1984), pp. 74-85. Lipovljani: Organizacioni odbor Lipovljanskih susreta, 1985.
- Book, serial, exhibition, and conference reviews appeared in SHARP Newsletter (2001; 2003), Journal of Croatian Studies (1996), Épilogue: Canadian Bulletin for the History of Books, Libraries, and Archives (1994), Ethnic Forum (1991), and Nase teme (1982-1984)